Come and Celebrate the Food of the Sea at a Festival dedicated to the Seafood of North Wales!
Dylan’s Menai Bridge Seafood Celebration is a day to celebrate North Wales’ rich seafood heritage and supply, hosted at the boatyard adjacent to our restaurant and overlooking the Menai Strait.
Alongside the great seafood itself, there will be children's activities, sea shanties, cookery demonstrations, drinks, fishermen and their tales, live entertainment and much more to create a great community day out!
Come and join us! 10am - 9pm, Saturday May 18th!
Free entry | Mynediad am ddim!
Take a look below, and find out about some of the children's activities, cookery demonstrations and live music acts which will take place throughout the day, alongside the local seafood stalls, beverages, art and education workshops.
10am - Gates Open!
• The RNLI are bringing a boat down to Porth Daniel!
• Fisheries Local Action Group are bringing their Lobster tank down!
• The Anglesey Seazoo are bringing their Strandline activity, perfect for children, and the whole family.
• Jane & team will be running a number of crafting activities, including building 'Mussel bugs', creating a giant Octopus and more!
• Tammy will be attending, bringing us her amazing Facepainting skills!
• Circus Activities & Workshops
We'll be joined by Mermaids on stilts between 16:30 & 19:00, alongside a whole heap of circus equipment, with all the knowledge to make amazing things happen!
11:30 - Chef Rowan: Mackerel recipe
12:15 - Chef Jason: Drunken Mussels with Guest John Demmer from SOS
13:00 - Chef Chris: Thai Style Crab Cakes
13:45 - Chef Taco: Scallops
15:00 - The Secret (Acoustic)
16:00 - Traditional Sea Shanties: Local Schools
17:00 - Eve Goodman Music
18:00 - Caine
19:00 - Tagaradr
20:00 - Miv, Kev And Dave
16:30 - 19:00
Love food? | Hoffi bwyd?
Here's the food and drink that we have planned for Saturday 18th!
• Custodial Pie Corp - are selling their tremendous pies - they have created a fish pie especially for the event!
• James Wilson of Bangor Mussels - will be attending, running a fishmonger stall with fresh seafood, an absolutely essential stall to visit.
• Môn ar Lwy - Taste of Anglesey - ice-cream from Anglesey; they'll be in attendance selling their superb ice cream, with a range of delicious flavours!
• Dylan's - we'll have our food truck, Myfanwy, serving up Seabass Tacos and Angharad's Sweet Potato Tacos, Local Fish Goujons and Chips, Crabcakes, and Lobster Rolls.
Paella Tent serving Seafood Paella and, Drunken Mussels
A BBQ outside the restaurant's Black Star Bar with a choice of Burgers, Hot Dogs and Veggie Burgers
And, last but not least, an Oyster cart selling Menai Oysters and Prosecco!
• Main Seafood Day bar: located in the large marquee next to main stage you'll find wines, lager, real ale, prosecco and soft drinks on offer.
• Bernie the Van: will be hosting a local Gins bar, with a selection of soft drinks.
• Dylan's Menai Bridge: Black Star Bar - Open all day for cocktails, coffees, teas, wine and soft drinks.
Back to the events page.
The Shellfish Centre RD&I operation is part-funded by the EU’s West Wales and the Valleys European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Operational Programme through the Welsh Government.